Sunday, September 21, 2014

HS homecoming

So my cute little sissy went to her very first dance. I thought i told her she wasn't allowed to grow up!  I love doing make up but its something I wish I did more of! I came home early from the byu game just to do her hair and make up, which is something us Wonnacotts DO NOT do. Mckenna is a simple girl. She doesn't really wear make up besides a little bit of mascara and blush but this was my time to get her all dolled up. When someone doesn't usually wear lots of make up i try not to cake it on, i like to keep it more simple.  Don't stray too far or else they won't like it! We started with a primer, foundation, and a powder. Once i got my bass make up down i moved onto the eyes.  Some people like to do the eyes first just cause sometimes you have some shadow drop down that you have to clean up, its all up to your preference. ( i will include all make up i used at the bottom) with the eyes you always want to make sure you put a primer down, it just allows your shadows to stay all day as well as blend together.  I first started with a nude/natural color to give the eye an all over color. I then added some gold pigment and last added some brown in her crease to make her eyes POP.  I added just a little bit of light pink just in the corners of her eyes and on her brow bone. I put eye liner in her water line to just give her a bolder eye without having her eyes look too dark.  Brows, brows to me are the most important part. They can make or break your face, everyone should fill in their brows! If you don't, start today. They really are an asset and frame your whole face.  Last blush and bronzer. I love to use a hydrating spray because i have such dry skin and i feel like it gives you that glowing dewy look at the end! Its a very simple look that i love and looks good on everyone!!




Foundation: 
REVLON- photo ready i have literally tried 100 foundations since
 i was young. from bobby brown to mac to NARS to cover girl and this has
 been my absolute FAVORITE!
Powder: MAC-studio fix
Bronzer: NARS-laguna
Mascara: MAC
Blush: MAC- love joy
Eye Shadow: MAC-blanc type (nude), silk stocking pigment (gold),
 sable (brown), freeze(pink).
Brows: Anastasia- light brown
Eye Liner: Stilla
Lipstick: MAC- twig
Hydrating Spray: MAC


isn't she just stunning! can't go wrong with a LBD.

(sorry for the picture quality, taken from my phone)


au revoir 
xoxo




1 comment:

09 10