Sunday, September 14, 2014

the dress

the first of my wedding pictures-
my wedding day was the most magical day of my life thus far. to think that everyone was there for me and jimmy is so overwhelming. how is it possible to have both of our loved ones all in the same place at the same time? all growing up you dream of your perfect wedding, how do you make that possible.  how do you find the perfect venue, dress, flowers, cake, decorations, ect. of course for years I've had a pinterest of things i liked but when it came down to it very few pictures i had pinned reminded me of what i imagined my wedding to look like.  i knew i wanted soft colors, so we started with that and decided blush and ivory were soft, elegant colors that resemble me. i saved an image of a dress i fell in love with years ago, it was on my pinterest and saved to my iPad. the style resembled me so perfectly and it was a dressed i dreamed of finding for years. but who really thinks they can find the exact dress. as time winded down i thought maybe i should start looking.  we went to several stores and i narrowed down to what i didn't want. i didn't want a ball gown, ruching, cap sleeves, corset.  i started to drift from my original picture and now started to think i wanted something simple.  i now wanted a lace dress. as time passed i was in search of the most perfect lace dress i could dream of, but nothing suit me quite right.  after going to about 4 or 5 stores i still hadn't found a dress for me, thats when we stumbled upon Fantasy Bridal. A bridal store up in sandy, so i searched for the number to make a appointment while searching for the number i looked at a few gowns they had in their store. they had the dress i fell in love with years prior. when we get up there i still have set in my mind, lace. so i picked out all the lace ones they had and figured maybe i will pull that one even though it wasn't what i wanted anymore. as i tried on all these gorgeous gowns my mom and best friend jenny were out in the waiting room waiting for me to come out in the first lace dress. i went out and they just ooo'd and awww'd over how stunning i was in these dresses but they just don't seem like me.  the day was coming to an end and i didn't want to try on my last dress, i thought i have too. i have loved it for years.  so i try on this perfectly fitted mermaid/fit and flare, sucked to my body as if it were meant for me. i walked out into the waiting area as tears came to my mom and jenny's eyes, they stared and continued with "THIS IS YOUR DRESS, it describes you perfectly". at this point i was confused, is this what i want? i wasn't sure, all i knew is that i didn't want to get out of that dress. i couldn't make a decision that day because my little sister wasn't with us. i told them to hold the dress and we will be back later that week. that whole week i couldn't stop thinking about that dress i knew i HAD to have it and today i don't regret it for one second. i loved my dress!




















my favorite picture 

xoxo


photographer: valory dahlin 
  valoryjeanphotography.com
dress: fantasy bridal
veil: avenia



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10